My ideal morning looks something like this:
- Alarm clock goes off at 5:30 am
- I play some inspiration from YouTube (for the audio)
- I use the bathroom
- Brush my teeth
- Wash my face
- Drink a liter of water with a squeeze of lemon
- Do some stretching and mobility exercises
- Perform my targeted breathing exercises
- Eat breakfast before 7:00 am
Did you know most adults do their best work late in the morning?
There is a time for everything. As the saying goes. The best time for cognitive functions – late in the morning.
So what you do before your day starts is very important if you are expecting to capitalize on this fact.
Your first 30-120 minutes of your day sets the rhythm, primes your potential by building momentum early for the rest of your day.
It is called the endowment effect.
According to the endowment effect, when you start your day by doing positive things, you create positive momentum, and you are more likely to keep doing positive things the rest of the day.
This is why your morning routine is the most important thing you can do for your fitness, health, business, and any other area of your life where you want to be successful.
Set yourself up for small wins because they create momentum.
Create Small Wins
There is no one typical morning routine for everyone. But, everyone can find their ideal morning routine.
The most important thing to know about your schedule is that it is customizable. If you blindly follow tips and tricks from other people you may find yourself more frustrated. You have to make it work for you.
For years, I ran an early morning boot camp three days a week. That meant I had to have my day set before my head hit the pillow the night before because at 3:30 in the morning I was on autopilot.
Since then, I have reworked and readjusted my morning routine many of times.
If you are struggling to win the day because your mornings run you and not the other way around – sign up for my next Slim Down Challenge.
Areas of Life That Are Ready for a Small Win
Have you ever skipped breakfast because you were running low on time? Or settle for a few cups of coffee to hold you over until lunch time?
Everyone has been there before.
Here are few small nutrition wins you can set up for the morning:
- Drink a glass of water
- Eat a healthy breakfast
The potential health benefits of exercise seem endless. I am sure you are aware. What most people don’t know is the amount of movement needed is relatively lower than expected.
You don’t need much equipment or time.
Just get moving first thing in the morning.
Here are few small exercise wins you can set up for the morning:
- Use your foam roller or stretch
- Work out for 7-minutes (download app)
- Start a Gratefulness Journal. Journaling has been proven to reduce stress, increase mental clarity and provide physical health benefits.
- Meditate. As meditation and mindfulness become more popular the opportunities to learn are becoming endless. My favorite app to use is Headspace.
- Write a “to-do” list. Pick three high priorities and write them down. If you don’t, you will end up working on everyone’s list except your own.
How to Get Started Today with Your Morning Routine
The most common mistake I see when people try to change – they start too big.
Remember small wins.
The biggest indicator of successful behavioral change is starting small.
- If you want to drink more water, start with one glass.
- If you want to eat healthier, make a shake.
- If you want to lose weight, workout for 7 minutes.
- If you want to reduce stress, meditate for 1 minute.
- If you want to be more productive, pick one priority to focus on.
Want some help?
I’m hosting another challenge soon.
You can sign up for free.
Here’s the link to join:
Yes, Get Me On The Presale List.
Next Coaching Group Starts In September.Save 45% Off The Regular Program Price.
Join The MISPIBO Fitness Presale List.
Get early access to sign up and save 45% off the price.
100% privacy. I will never spam you.
100% Privacy. I will never spam you.